Taiwan authorities condemned for backing verbal attacks on mainland students
BEIJING, May 13 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson Wednesday denounced Taiwan's Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authority for its high-profile support for discriminatory and offensive comments on mainland students studying in Taiwan.
The Taiwan authorities acted as the "protective umbrella" for "anti-mainland" forces in Taiwan society by defending such verbal attacks, said Ma Xiaoguang, a spokesperson for the State Council Taiwan Affairs Office.
It is such acts and the connivance of the DPP authority that deteriorate cross-Strait education exchanges and the normal education environment for mainland students studying in Taiwan, Ma said.
- Taiwan's political manipulation under pretext of pandemic won't succeed: FM spokesperson
- Mainland official says no room for "Taiwan independence" in Chinese national rejuvenation
- Taiwan participation in int'l organizations' events must be under one-China principle: mainland official
- Mainland says Taiwan remarks on census "distorting facts"
- Restaurants in Taiwan report biggest revenue drop in 20 years